[linux-audio-user] jack-rack segfault on startup

jordan muscott jordan at no-future.com
Mon Jan 27 14:16:00 EST 2003

>>Your jack version is way old.  I suggest you get jack from CVS and
>>compile jack-rack again.
>>

>>janne
>

>Cheers, yes i did wonder that myself actually, and pulled jack from cvs
>yesterday night, but unfortunately after running autogen.sh the
>configure script bombs with the following error:
>
>./configure: line 7824: syntax error near unexpected token
>`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE,'
>./configure: line 7824: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE, sndfile >=
>1.0,HAVE_SNDFILE=true, true)'
>
>I'm guessing that this is checking for libsndfile or something like
>that? ( of which i have version 1.0.1 ). Could I just comment out those
>lines and then carry on?
>
>thanks, Jordan.

Ah, well having just tried - apparently not.  The build then stopped at:

make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/audio/jack-cvs/jack/example-clients'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..    -I.. -I.. -D_REENTRANT
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -Wall -g @SNDFILE_CFLAGS@ -g -O2 -c
simple_client.c

gcc: @SNDFILE_CFLAGS@: No such file or directory

Jordan.