[linux-audio-user] alsa +laptop +performance

dietrich.heese.boutin at utoronto.ca dietrich.heese.boutin at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 29 15:52:00 EST 2003

Hi, I am looking to install alsa on a laptop along with something
for more reasonable sound such as a Roland ua-20.
I was wondering if anyone had successfully done something similar
or knew of any information resources?

So far  I have heard that alsa does not work, only oss, and that
the latency that can be expected with such a set up is worth neglect.

However, these were all claims from a year or two ago, since then
I have seen a message wherein a claim to having repaired some known
quirks in Roland ua-20 with alsa were established.

ANy light shed on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

SIncerely,
DHB