[linux-audio-user] Start audio apps in different virtual desktops

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Wed May 7 14:26:01 EDT 2003

Mark Knecht wrote on Wed, 07-May-2003:

 >    I cannot answer your technical question, but please keep in mind that if
 > you are using any real-time audio applications, such as those that use Jack,
 > then switching desktops while doing important audio things will cause clicks
 > and pops in your audio stream.

In a properly tuned system, I don't think switching between virtual
desktops in the window manager should have any impact on a realtime
priority Jack.  Nothing special happens here but a bit more X11
redrawing activity.

Changing to one of the linux *console* virtual terminals from
X is a different story, that has documented high probability of
overrun.

jlc