[linux-audio-user] DAW controllers for audio

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri Apr 9 09:31:24 EDT 2004

Does anyone have experience controlling Ardour with an physical daw
controller? I'm looking into either midi or usb devices.

Optimal would be a small USB controller, with maybe 4 configurable
sliders, a wheel and transport control. I would prefer not paying for
audio features, but it would be nice if the controller would double as a
midi interface.

I also heard about (cheap?) mixers which output midi and could act as
controllers.

  Sampo