[linux-audio-user] sound card linux documentation wiki+forum site [WAS: Linux audio hardwarem arket research [was: creating a wiki "soundcard experiences" site]]

MarC marc_contrib at ramonvinyes.es
Thu Dec 2 05:35:33 EST 2004

En/na Ruth A. Kramer ha escrit:

>MarC wrote:
>

>>OK, I now also think that a special page should be created *only for
>>sound cards*, and create a main separate site for AudioLinux if you want
>>(even if I think that this topic is too general for a wiki in my opinion)
>>
>>then, at the "sound cards" page, only soundcards should be listed, not
>>all "LA_" sites
>>(that makes it more easy for readers... I have already found a person
>>who didn't notice that the alsa matrix was linked at the site, as it was
>>devoted to LinuxAudio in general...
>>
>>so maybe a solution may be rename "LA_Linux Audio" to "LASoundCards"
>>and name every soundcard page as "LASoundCards_Manufacturer_Model"
>>(then make the engine search for LASoundCards_* pages)
>>for example: "LASoundCards_Creative_SBAudigyOEM"...
>>

>Rather than having each page named like
>"LASoundCards_Creative_SBAudigyOEM", I'd rather abbreviate the prefix,
>something like "LaScCreative_SBAudigyOEM" -- the prefix doesn't have to
>be human readable (imho), just something unique to sort by.
>
>Then the list of soundcards can be, as you suggest, "LASoundCards".

I agree with LASCCreative_SBAudigyOEM, but we should display it in
ahuman readable title in the list displayed at LASoundCards (it's
possible to associate a title like "Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy
OEM" to "LASCCreative_SBAudigyOEM")
I'm also thinking that it must be very simple for a contributor to a
create a new page for his/her sound card, so we should not make it too
complicated and create a sort of a form to help him/her. Abbreviations
must follow some "universal" logic (but yes, I think that LA for
subpages of Linux Audio and SC for subpages of SoundCards is quite logic))

>>then all other LA topics, may be created with the syntax: "LATopic"
>>for instance "LASoundfonts"
>>

>Hmm, I wasn't thinking, but we probably don't need the underbar (we can
>use, as you suggest, LATopic vs. LA_Topic (LA should be quite unique).
>

>>and if you want to create a main site, LAMain may work
>>

>I'd prefer (I think) LALinuxAudio, which sort of explains the LA prefix
>in the name.

yes, I think that the main page can even be called LinuxAudio
and only call LA* its subpages.

>Anyway, I'll wait to hear further comments from you before making any
>name changes.
>
>regards,
>Randy Kramer

For me, this sounds good.

By the way, do you know how to activate RSS feed in this page? is it
possible?