[linux-audio-user] Wavetable cards

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Dec 17 16:37:22 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 16:21 -0500, John Check wrote:
> I've been pretty happy with what it does but lately the driver has been
> dropping notes and that's unacceptable. I know it'll get fixed, but it'd be
> nice if all my eggs weren't in one basket.

Can you reproduce this consistently?  This is a known bug but no one has
been able to find a good test case.

> One of the things about a mature production process is price goes down.
> It's still a 16 bit card and they sell a 24 bit one for less (of course that
> one is missing the AC97 mixer section).

Yeah the 24 bit SBLive card is completely different and a POS IMHO.  The
Audigy2 is a 24 bit card that retains the good parts of the SBLive (hw
mixing, DSP, wavetable).  But it's more expensive.  And the 24/96 is not
yet supported in Linux (though it should be soon).

Lee