[linux-audio-user] Getting jackd to use tmpfs?

Chris Metzler cmetzler at speakeasy.net
Sat Feb 28 02:37:07 EST 2004

Hi,

The JACK FAQ suggests creating the mount point /tmp/jack, and placing a
tmpfs filesystem there, for jackd to use.  Doing so doesn't seem to
have any effect -- my jackd continues to do everything in /tmp.  Is it
also necessary to recompile jackd to get it to use that new tmpfs
filesystem?  In the same part of the JACK FAQ, there's a bit about
creating a similar mount point at /mnt/ramfs for JACK to use for FIFOs;
it doing so requires the setting of a compile-time option.  Is this
just a muddy description of what to do that should be condensed a bit,
and my problem is that I do need to recompile jackd?  Or am I missing
something else here?

Thanks,

-c

Chris Metzler			cmetzler at speakeasy.snip-me.net