[linux-audio-user] APIC (Was: interrupt question)

Robert Epprecht epprecht at solnet.ch
Sun Jan 18 04:38:32 EST 2004

Hi Derek

derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> writes:

> Robert Epprecht wrote:
>
>> lspci tells me something like "pin A routed to IRQ 23" (or similar)
>> I do not know anything about interrupt priority with these new irq's.
>> Pointers, informations or help highly appreciated.
>
> try here:
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html
>
> specifically here:
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/Arcana.html#IRQs

I do know these fine links and have consulted them before asking here.
Unfortunately they cover only the non-APIC interrupts.

So I try it again:  How do I best set up my sound card regarding interrupts
on a contemporary motherboard? (ASUS P4P800)

Does APIC make the situation better or worse?
Should I try to switch it off?

Please advice,
Robert Epprecht