[linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT problems still...Desperate!!

RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Thu Jul 8 13:45:01 EDT 2004

On 08-Jul-2004 Russell Hanaghan wrote:
}  Still have some light "snap, crackle and pop" problems here. They don't
}  seem to be related to X-runs. I set Qjackctl in "Soft mode" but don't
}  know if that matters?
}
}  I have run this thing 8 ways 'till Sunday! Forget 96kHz! It does it
}  intermittently with Chorus on a single mixer channel in Ardour patched
}  in Qjackctl from the Mic preamp in 1 of the 1010 to the Ardour channel
}  with Chorus LADSPA plugin and then out to output 5 of the card and into
}  my mixer. I also run reverb in another channel with dedicated I/O's from
}  the sound card as I do with a delay. I have raised the buffer rates and
}  tried different (lower) sample rates. etc. I have /tmp setup as tmpfs
}  although Gnome system monitor does not always show that it is there?
}
}  I'm using the "default" setting in Qjackctl. I have not been able to get
}  a .asoundrc setup for HW:0 that gives me the 8 ins and outs. Would this
}  be part of the problem?
}
}  This is on an Asus A7V8X-MX SE Mobo with 2500 Athalon XP. 512M
}  Ram...Delta is the ONLY card in the PCI slots. Onboard audio disabled.
}  ALL unnecessary peripheral stuff turned off in BIOS. Delta on IRQ 10
}  with nothing but system devices on prior interrupts. All in Mandrake
}  10.0 running the tried and tested 2.4.22mm kernel. All being run as
}  root.
}
}  It is close in terms of quality but for this intermittent popping. I
}  have 2 gigs Saturday and am running out of ideas.

 You have the same problem with other cards? {Like the onboard}
 Switched pci slots?
 Is it possible it's some other hardware {like cables} problem?
 Why are you thinking it's a software problem?
 Got an alternative? {You don't have time to be screwing around.}

E-Mail: RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Date: 08-Jul-2004
Time: 12:40:18

This message was sent by XFMail