[linux-audio-user] alsamixer and the audiophile 2496

Tommi Sakari Uimonen tuimonen at cc.hut.fi
Thu May 20 06:56:18 EDT 2004

> only one detail:
>
> > In the "Analog Volume" tab the "ADC x" sliders control your anolog to
> > digital converter levels. likewise the "DAC x" sliders control your
> > digital to analog converter levels.
>
> i only see DAC 0 and DAC 1, there are no ADC sliders. for the rest,
> everything is clear.

Audiophile 2496 has only DAC 0 & 1, Delta 1010LT has those ADC / DAC x
sliders plus IPGA (or something like that)

Those control the real analog outputs. Audiophile 2496 doesn't have
sliders to control the input volume. If you want to control it with the
envy24control (or alsamixer), you have to record the Monitor Mixer
(channels 11 & 12), but I'd recommend turning the volume up/down from the
source. If it's too loud, the mixer can't 'unclip' it.

Tommi