[linux-audio-user] Yamaha UX-256

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed May 26 08:05:40 EDT 2004

§t3 wrote:
> Ok, I've loaded the snd-usb-audio: now the ux256 works! Great!
> But now...no audio at all !
> Ok, I tried to load the snd-intel8x0 (it's my audiocard's module)
> manually, it loads, kmix can see the card, but I ca hear no audio (I've
> controlled levels), then I tried to run again alsaconf: it detects my
> card but...no sound. Something isn't working, and if I try to run
> alsamixer, I get no mixer but the following output: no mixer elems
> found. I think now alsa is recognizing just the ux256.

Now the ux256 is the first card and the intel8x0 is the second card
(see /proc/asound/cards), and most programs access the first card by
default.  To load the snd-intel8x0 driver at the first position, add
the following to your /etc/modules.conf:

options snd-intel8x0 index=0
options snd-usb-audio index=1

HTH
Clemens