[linux-audio-user] Any instructions about for running a Win VSTi under vstserver

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed May 26 14:09:41 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 6:24 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
>     I've got a Windows VSTi I want to try running under Linux.

You probably want "vsti" from Kjetil Matheussen (using vstserver) or
"jack_fst" from Paul Davis and Torben Hohn (using libfst).  Either of
these will run a VSTi with GUI as a standalone JACK/ALSA app that can
then be driven as an ALSA sequencer client from a MIDI source.

You can get vsti at http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/, or jack_fst at
http://linuxaudiosystems.com/fst/ .  I have never tried vsti, but I
have used both vstserver-for-plugins and jack_fst with good results.

Chris