[linux-audio-user] Re: *UPDATE* MIDI exported from Cakewalk sounds horrible!

ross at jose.lug.udel.edu ross at jose.lug.udel.edu
Tue May 3 20:26:26 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:02:10PM -0500, Reuben Martin wrote:
> > Do any of you guys that said you had seen the same problem have some
> > MIDI hardware to test on?  I'd be curious to see if you hit the same
> > thing.  Would be worth a bug report on fluidsynth.
> >
> > Thanks, let me know!
> Fluidsynth has problems. _Any_ compiler optimization flags cause problems, and
> even when compiled correctly, the chorus and reverb cause it to produce
> nothing but NAN garbage for the output. Quite honestly, you're better off
> using timidity to load the soundfount.

I don't think any such issues would be related.  Any new MIDI
information I create in Rosegarden sounds correct.  It's just old
stuff that I had exported from Cakewalk Pro Audio, and just from

What version of fluidsynth do you have so many problem with?  Mine
mostly works well!

Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu

man in the bonds of Hell."