[linux-audio-user] [OT] Audio CDs/DRM/Windows rootkit. What's next?

studio-64 fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 06:13:21 EST 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 11/9/05, Chris Bannister <mockingbird at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:09:40AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>   Very off topic, but I thought it might be of interest to some. Even
>>>commercial audio CDs are becoming unsafe. Please excuse the noise.
>>>
>>>http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=2092&tag=nl.e539
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>Mark
>>
>>A good incentive to make GNU/Linux the platform of choice:
>>
>>http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html
>>http://www.eff.org/Infrastructure/trusted_computing/20031001_tc.php
>>http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
>>
>>Sorry if unrelated & OT, but subject mentioned "What next?"
>>
>>--
>>Chris.
>

> I weas being a bit sarcastic when I wrote that. Sort of like 'WTF'?!? ;-)

HI
May be off topic at the moment but will be very on topic if they get
this in!

Imagine sending a wav file to someone who then can't read it because you
can't attest the file!

maybe even CD players that won't play certain CD's (made with
Audacity/Ardour come to mind)

The rootkit is just the start I think.

Cheers
Bob