[linux-audio-user] ALSA issues - SOLVED

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:47:56 EST 2005

On 11/17/05, Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de> wrote:

> BIG problem: I kept several backup files in /etc/modules.d/ like
> alsa.old, alsa.old.zip, but even Gentoo put some files there during
> updates, maybe ._.alsa and the like.

Oh gosh!! I'm sorry. I've been burned by exactly the same thing.
Another issue about modules-update (or update-moduels) is that should
there be a problem with the format of a single file the script stops
but doesn't tell you. You then reboot to find things aren't right
again, and stuff is missing from modprobe.conf.

Anyway, you're not alone my friend. I've been there with exactly the
same issue maybe a year ago. Very glad you are working now.

Chhers,
Mark