[linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25: Any issues?

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Thu Nov 17 17:41:03 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for a device, mainly to get better audio quality as my
Aureon offers (16Bits only), and to record some acoustic guitar and
mics.

AFAIK the Edirol UA-25 works plug and play with snd_usb_audio, but still
some questions:

* I read it is bus powered; but I wonder how can it get 48V phantom
power from the USB bus?!?

* I read somewhere on the web that there was a little hiss on the
inputs. Can anyone confirm this, and is it OK or too much?

* Can I use both outputs at the same time to connect all of them to
different destinations? Do they appear in ALSA/JACK as 2 or 4 different
ports?

* Last but not least: Does it run at full duplex (2 ins and outs at the
same time), and what latency can it provide (the lower the better :) ?

Best regards

    ce