[linux-audio-user] Alsa support for ZOOM G2.u1 and generic usb audio devices in general - SOLVED

Cesare cesare at poeticstudios.com
Fri Nov 25 10:04:36 EST 2005

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

>Cesare wrote:
>

>>What makes it interesting is that it has a usb interface so it works
>>like an audio interface. You can listen to the mix from the DAW from its
>>headphone jack along with the direct output of the effected guitar (no
>>additional latency). The sampling is done at 24bit/96kHz.
>>
>>I bought it to complete my transition to linux and I would really like
>>to use it with jackd. In windows and macos x it works without any driver
>>(it is seen as a generic usb audio device), and in fact through USB it
>>is limited to 16bit/44.1kHz.
>>
>>The question is: how can I get it to work with alsa, and therefore jackd?
>>

>Just plug it in.
>
>It should be listed in /proc/asound/cards; the device name for jack is
>"hw:X".
>

>HTH
>Clemens

Clemens,
please ignore my other post (which is waiting for approval because it
was too long, with the lsusb output pasted).

IT IS WORKING NOW.

I just plugged it in after everything was loaded. Could it be that,
having it plugged in before booting up, the usbaudio was claiming the
interface and so alsa couldn't see it? Contrary to what I said before, I
compiled my kernel with the generic usb audio as a module.

Don't want to bother you even more. I'll figure out myself how to get it
recognized when plugged in at boot.

Thanks again, really.

c.