[linux-audio-user] ablton live emulation

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Oct 14 11:30:22 EDT 2005

Greetings Favio, Dave, and all,

Nick Collins and Alan Blackwell recently published a paper "The
Programming Language as a Musical Instrument", which put forth a
comparison/contrast of Ableton Live to ChucK (the latter a text-based
audio programming language that, among other things, can be programmed
"on-the-fly", or live).  A well-written and fun read, and perhaps
relevant to the subject at hand.

The paper:

   http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~nc272/papers/pdfs/proglangasmusicinstr.pdf

The chuck:

   http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/

I've also included Nick's original post to TOPLAP below.

Best,
Ge!