[linux-audio-user] A couple of questions

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Apr 2 16:52:11 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 22:05 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> > If you're a
> > newbie and you're really serious about getting sound to work you're
> > better off with Planet CCRMA or DeMuDi.
>
> Both are really cool distros for audio stuff, but even musicians use a
> computer for more than just audio stuff.
>
> So my thesis is: Planet CCRMA or DeMuDi are temporary projects because
> the other distros are not prepared optimally for audio work. If these
> were, there was no need for specialized audio distros.

    True.  Unfortunately it looks like it will be a while before any of
the big distros will be ready.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744