[linux-audio-user] Re: LAU FAQ WIKI

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Jun 25 10:22:26 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 09:42:37AM -0300, luis jure wrote:

> > How's this?
> > http://affenbande.org/%7Ethorwil/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/lau-wiki_02_i.png
>
> well, i must say i find it difficult to evaluate the design of a web site
> from a png... how does it look with a real browser? are those rounded
> corners made with images? are those really necessary? how does it look with
> a text browser like links? and with different screen resolutions? is the
> text in those tabs text or images? what about visually impaired users that
> need to increase font sizes, or blind users that use text only browsers?

Usualy I don't do mockups, but work directly in XHTML/CSS to make sure
it's all clean, degrades gracefully and to avoid tryin things that would
look great but are hard or even impossible to achieve.

But some things can be tried and changed much faster in mockups
and I have been asked for some "flava" ...

I guess the tabs can't be done like that without being images.
The penguin and the area its in, and perhaps also the "Linux
Audio User Wiki" headline would have to be one image.

While I'm not going to completely ignore the concerns you mentioned,
you are still invited to present a own design with perfect accesibilty
and all, Luis ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms