[linux-audio-user] Re: Music: There's A Girl revised

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Thu Oct 12 17:38:12 EDT 2006

Thorsten Wilms:

> Hi!
>
> So following all the feedback, there's now a 2nd version,
> with a slightly more present lead in the intro and vocals
> right afterwards, but not running all through.
>
> I might delete the earlier version, if this is clearly
> found better.
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/theres_a_girl

The sound is cool, but it starts very untight which might make many people
turn off before the rest of the song is played. You need to synchronize
the various synth voices thats playing before the vocals sets in. And
personally, I think the whole thing is far too long with too much
repetitions. More progress throughout the song is needed to get me
interested. Maybe it can be solved by playing it a bit faster, but this is
just my opinion.