[linux-audio-user] Audio appz and slamd64

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 18 17:38:23 EDT 2006

Hi everybody!

Since I bought a 64bit processor, I decided to try a 64 bit distro, and
decided to use slamd64, as I'm a Slackware user:)
I've incurred in the bug while compiling rosegarden, because the QT package
was compiled without stl support. So I upgraded, and rosegarden compiled
fine. But it doesn't run: Segmentation Fault. I don't really know how to
debug or trace the error, and besides the forums at slamd64.com are down for
server problems.

Other problem is Zynaddsubfx, the compiling process fails early complaining
about

In file included from ../Params/Presets.h:26,
                 from PresetsUI.h:9,
                 from PresetsUI.cc:3:
../Params/../Misc/XMLwrapper.h:23:18: mxml.h: No such file or directory

and other errors related to XMLwrapper. All the required libs have been
installed succesfully, as much as I can tell.

Even libdvdcss complains: it can't find the gcc compiler... how come that?

Does something of you incurred in similar errors, and/or may suggest a
solution?

thanks in advance!

Carotinho