[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Oct 25 23:43:19 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:31:03PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 10/25/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
> Do you mean something like the Windows 'Run' command?

On the off-topic of Run-command I want to recommend fbrun to
fluxbox/blackbox/openbox users. I don't ever use the right-click menu
any more; I have fbrun bound to alt-tilde and then type the name of the
application i want into the box (or most of it and press tab). Fbrun
disappears as soon as the application launches. I have xterm bound to
a different keypress for complicated tasks. It just makes launching apps
so much quicker.

Whilst I don't advocate that for users, one of my musician friends is
completely non-technical and thought that taht was the coolest thing
he'd ever seen. He said he hates having to wade through menus and click
icons all the time.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx