[linux-audio-user] [songs] songs /songs/ </songs>

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Thu Sep 14 15:06:45 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 08:16:42PM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:

> > Judging from my system here, there's EQing issues though.
> > An overly strong high bass / low mid (I would guess somewhere between
> > 250 and 400 Hz). It's the attack of the bass, mainly.
>
> Good info! I often can tell that something isn't right but am having a harder
> time trying to pinpoint exactly what the problem is.
> I'll check it.

I listened to "I gotta.." and "ddb3" here, and don't hear any such problem.
Checking with JAPA, there's certainly no excess energy in the 250 to 400 Hz
range. The bass in "I gotta..." is between 80 and 160 Hz (and in the 'one
note song' it's actually one those two frequencies all the time :-)
But I missed some HF energy, there's a sharp drop-off above 3.5 kHz.

--
FA

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.