[linux-audio-user] noacpi, no sound

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 12:41:24 EDT 2006

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 10:48 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have glitches in my audio every 30-60 secs or so, so I thought I'd try
>>   disabling acpi and see what happens. I added this to my
>> /boot/grub/menu.lst:
>
> Have you tried disabling any battery monitors, CPU frequency scaling,
> or applets that may talk to the ACPI subsystem?

No. Just found one (a script that controls the fan, disabling it, has
the fan running at full steam, so that's ok), and the interval between
glitches are up to about 2 mins or more. If I could just find the rest
of these.

What is the best approach in general in finding such problematic
processes? I mean it could (from my point of view) be anything
non-critical in the subsystem. I tried looking in htop, bit around the
time then the glitch appear I don't see anything unusual...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quartet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk