[LAU] Piano and bass

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Dec 4 19:09:11 EST 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 12:40:07AM +0100, Matthias Schönborn wrote:
> Am Dienstag 04 Dezember 2007 21:15:43 schrieb Miguel M:
> > Hmm, if you want a realistic sounding bass I would suggest plugging in
> > your guitar to jack-rack (or some similar effects program) and use a
> > pitch shifter to shift the pitch down by 50%.
>
> I did that - kids, don't try this at home!
> (Sounds like everything except a bass ;-) )
Being a guitaris myself, I tried this too. Not recommended.
The best solution I found for me was buying a bass guitar. There are
cheap an usable ones available, and with a decent DI box you're set.

Regards
Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842 (Office)     |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Tel.: 0631/205-4843 (Lab)        |
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern