[LAU] from cassette/LP to cd (which prog?)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Dec 18 04:00:02 EST 2007

Hi!
  I'd use ecasound for recording. It's command-line as well. But for recording
you could stick to Ken's suggestions as well.
  If you'd like to enhanced your recordings: Well I did some nice denoising
with csound and its utilities. the same goes for a bit of compression and
balancing of channel volume. For finding clicks I believe your best bet might
be some wave-edititor with graphical display of the recorded sound so you can
SEE the peaks of the clicks and do something against them.
  good idea for old media is a nice equaliser/notch filter for the 50/60Hz
buzzing. That you can have with every ladspa host.
  Kindest regards
        Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net