[LAU] Fwd: [linux-audio-user] Real-time kernel

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Jun 27 09:22:53 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007 schrieb Loki Davison:
> On 6/27/07, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> > It's the cpufreq stuff that you should definitely remove from the kernel.
> > Or blacklist it in udev/hotplug. Basically yank all the governors and run
> > without any. There is no governor anywhere.
> cpufreq with the userspace governor controlled with powernowd works
> fine here with rt and jack.

Some time back I decided that I don't need another userspace-tool eating
cycles when the kernel can do better. Thats why I use the powersave, ondemand
and performance governours on both my pcs. I only need to remember to use
either powersave (always minimal frequency for laptops on battery) or
performance (always maximum frequency) before starting jack.
jack bails out on changes off the cpu-frequency. So not using a governour that
changes the freq helps... And without jackd running the ondemand-governour
helps saving energy...

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/