[linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2

Frank pirrone at localnet.com
Sat Mar 10 23:41:54 EST 2007

david wrote:
> carmen wrote:
>
>> if Apple is selling a notebook for $1099 and HP is selling the same
>> thing for $599, i'd get the HP - call me crazy
>
> HP is NOT selling the same quality as Apple. You get what you pay for.

If you're in the habit of occasionally challenging your preconceptions
do this little experiment:  Visit Dell, just for convenience - or pick
another if you wish, and configure a laptop with the same features and
specs as a MacBook Pro - ignore the elegance of the OS and its heart of
BSD...even ignore the simplicity and speed with which it runs multiple
GNU/Linux distros in nothing more difficult or risky than a simple file
constituting a Parallels Desktop VM, and get back to us with either a
verification of your comparison factor or a new-found appreciation for
the value of opinions based upon verifiable facts.

Frank