[LAU] flashing RT in qjackctl

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Nov 26 04:48:00 EST 2007

On Sun, November 25, 2007 21:34, Dan Easley wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2007 4:22 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That darn RT thing has been my one nagging item about the qjc
>> interface. I've always felt that the way it is currently displayed in a
>> 'dull' font would better indicate (to me) that the system is RT
>> capable but that RT is currently disabled. I would prefer a bright ( and
>> in my case non-blinking) font to show that RT is activated.
>
> i agree - that's how my brain parses the dim RT, as well.  and, it's my
> only item, too.
>
> i wasted a good hour the first time i used qjc in trying to get real-time
> to work, only to realize it had been working the whole time.

ok, so be it :)

the server mode indicator in qjackctl main display, will change to bright
yellow instead of flashing between bright and "dull" yellow (new option:
setup/display/flash server mode indicator when started, on by default).

still, the "RT" label indicates the server is started and running in
real-time mode (-R), otherwise a double-dash indication, "--", is shown,
as always.

hope that everyone gets its brain back in normal function then ;)

cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org