[LAU] new! linuxmusicians.com

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 04:36:02 EDT 2008

You know the funny thing is, there are many sites and discussion boards
where there is Linux audio interest to _some_ extent but at the end of the
day, it's "just another topic". Alright, so we say there are already
www.linuxaudio.org and the various MLs, but come to think of it there has
been no such initiative where the goal is to gather like-minded people via a
hub. Even if there were, it's probably a failure by now.

Sure, a mailing list serves its purpose - discussion. However, there's a
limit to what can be exchanged through this method. A centralized location
with access to a forum, wiki, and frontpage news cuts it, cleanly and well.
The thing is, most of the userbase is filled with hobbyists, engineers,
developers etc. and hence there being a cultural divide between different
kinds of musicians/audio professionals. Those new to free software will
certainly _not_ have an easy time fitting in with our culture. In light of
this, I thank the person/team behind this forum for taking the right step
towards forming a healthy community.