[LAU] Eee As Synth Engine?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Feb 2 04:04:52 EST 2008

I am very interested in this gadget. I played with one in a store
today.  Tiny!

The main things holding me back are:

1) the keyboard would take a LOT of getting used to - it's soooo
small!

2) the display model in the store had a glitchy, intermittent trackpad
button. I'm sure it took a lot of abuse in the past month or so it's
been there, but that's still not encouraging.

3) Does ALSA support USB 2.0 devices yet? (There's no firewire port,
so BeBob is irrelevant). I'd like to get decent (well under 10 ms)
latency at 2 channels in/out for use in live performances, and
possibly higher channel count at higher latency for use as an
ultraportable Ardour box :-) Something like the M-audio Fast Track
Ultra would be nice - iff it works with alsa!  But I'd need MIDI too
to hook up foot controllers.  The Edirol FA66 would be perfect - but
it's firewire.

What are my options?  Anything? :-(

--

Paul Winkler