[LAU] Hello and configuring audio

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Tue Jan 8 17:36:35 EST 2008

2008/1/8, M-.-n <nostromo at arkaos.net>:
> I face a glitching issue on my EEE. First I
> thought it was due to the usual buffer configuration problems but then I
> realized both VLC and Audacity glitched too on playback.

all of the programs use different output settings
just some suggestions:

have a look at the options/configs of the programs
which output driver is selected (alsa ? or oss, jack, arts, etc..)?
vlc and audacity are a little complicated to setup (since they provide
a lot of options)
try playback with a more simple program first. maybe:
alsaplayer -o alsa

try (as root):
killall artsd

(artsd is a kind of sound driver used by kde apps)