[LAU] What Price Interoperability (OpenDAW, revisited)

Rob lau at kudla.org
Sun Jan 20 14:20:17 EST 2008

On Sunday 20 January 2008 11:42, David Baron wrote:
> I need the $700 to pay my rent. We all need everyone to get
> together, merge all those XMLs and make things easier for everyone.

I think building a tool to translate between all the open DAWs, and as
many of the proprietary ones as we can, would be more productive than
trying to establish an XML-based lingua franca that everyone has to
adhere to.  It may work for an office document that there's
essentially only one correct way to render, but audio is way, way
different.

Not that I'm volunteering right now, since my audio recording needs
are basic enough that Audacity is overkill.  But I have already
written a few scripts to do things I needed with Rosegarden files
that Rosegarden couldn't do (but probably can nowadays), so maybe
eventually I will.

Rob