[LAU] Recording from a pedalboard

Pedro Ferreira ilzogoiby at gmail.com
Mon May 12 06:00:46 EDT 2008

Hello,
I want  to record some stuff from a BOSS GT8 pedalboard, and I was
wondering what is the best audio interface to do it.
I thought about the M-Audio MobilePre USB, but it seems the inputs are
high impedance, so, i guess it's not advisable for processed signal.
So, I found the Edirol UA-25 that seems to do what I want (the problem
seems to be the USB 1.0 interface). Since the pedalboard as digital
audio output, I thought the M-Audio Audiophile as well (USB version,
since I'm using a laptop for recording).
What's your opinion on all this? I'd like to find something that works
well with Linux, and has MIDI input as well. What are you guys using
in order to record from effect units?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Pedro