[LAU] LynxTWO

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:19:54 EDT 2008

That's good to know, Michael. Are you willing to pass the source on to
ALSA for someone to take up the gauntlet?

Thought I'd pass along an email Lynx sent me:

"Hello,

OSS drivers are available now (see www.opensound.com) that have been
developed by 4Front Technologies.  We have no plans for releasing
information for ALSA drivers.

Thank you,

Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
www.lynxstudio.com
"

I guess /www.opensound.com/ comprises a couple of companies. If you
finagle your way around on the left menu (it's very confusing ) a link
evenutally pops up that lists the LynxTWO driver available for
purchase only (see bottom):
http://manuals.opensound.com/devlists/Linux.html

It appears that the cost for OSS is $49.99 (I assume that includes the
few drivers that are not free.)
Seems reasonable to charge if they are offsetting costs from Lynx,
IMO, but the price is kinda high.

I'd rather see 4Front develop ALSA drivers.

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com