[LAU] optimal disk performance, ubuntu

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:16:37 EST 2008

Hi

I hope for answers, even though my problematic application is not open
source, so here goes:

I haven't done any recording with ardour on this box, so I have nothing
to compare with, but my DAW, energyXT, seems to dislike playing back 10+
audio tracks at the same time. I'm wondering if there are any
measurements and adjustments (changing priorities of interrupts, or
setting something in the lo level disk io-something) that in general
would allow realtim jack clients to perform better when reading from the
disc?

Of course, since my DAW is closed source, it could simply just be that
it is poorly written, only the author would know :-(

Any input appreciated.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk