[LAU] dssi/linuxsampler etc support in Qtractor?

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 05:17:33 EDT 2008

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

>>> (dssi) instrument access is already supported to some extent in
>>> qtractor. after you insert a dssi plugin into a midi track you get
>>> access to its instruments (aka midi programs) in the track
>>> properties dialog.
>>>
>>> try and tell me whether you have something else better in mind :)
>>>

>> Uh....maybe somthing like Rosegarden has it?
>>

> and what do you think is wrong with qtractor's?
>
> under qtractor, dssi plugins are treated as any other plugin (ladspa,
> vst). however as an instrument plugin (dssi, vsti) it only makes sense
> when inserted in a midi track, of course.
>
> additionally, you can chain the instrument audio audio output through
> other fx plugins in-place. that's why you get to insert audio plugins
> (ladspa, vst) in a midi track. ah, you can even have multiple
> instrument plugins in a midi track, but remember that only the last
> active one will have an audible audio output ;)
>
> as said, you can select the midi program/instrument while in the track
> properties dialog where you can choose which to assign from a
> drop-down list. this is provided even without you firing up the
> plugins gui, which will work as well btw :)
>
> maybe i'm missing your point, you tell me
When I start Hexter for example on the normal way (not as plugin) I see
what instrument belongs to what program no. . That's also the case in
Rosegarden. I doesn't see that as I open it in qtractor...
Maybe that's my point and maybe giving the program no names will improve
things..(?)

BTW. are you planning to support LASH with your great apps?