[LAU] loop speeding in sample level accuracy

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Thu Sep 18 16:30:25 EDT 2008

Jari Suominen:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to search a program (with no success) that could used for
> speeding up an audio file to a certain length. I mean, I would have a
> audio file that has 40000 samples, and I would need it to be 40010. And
> the pitch of the file can/should change. All speed change stuff that I
> have found will take semitones/cents/procents as a input parameter. I
> would wan't to only input the exact length (in samples) that I need.
>
> My purpose is basically make bunch of files that are loopable and have
> equal length with each other.
>
> Does this thing exist or do I have to make it myself?

libresample outputs the exact number of frames
(http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/api_simple.html), but
unfortunately the included command line app,
sndfile-resample, only takes a rate/amount argument.

However, it's probably just a one-liner patch to modify
the source for sndfile-resample to take exact
number of frames instead, so that's what I would do.