[LAU] How well do thinkpad notebooks work for audio?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Wed Aug 5 18:26:22 EDT 2009

I recently setup a Lenovo based video editing laptop (Lenovo is one of
the few manufacturers still with some notebooks including firewire port
and non glossy screen) for a friend and wonder what to do with the
fingerprint reader, isnt that a sort of scanner? Maybe like the early
consumer ones, like a big mouse you have to draw over a picture on your
own, anyone remember that times?
Can you do something fancy, maybe controller stuff with the finderprint
reader, what data provides the driver?

> That's interesting. I thought there was no driver available for the
> fingerprint reader. I'll have to take another look at that.

media art + development