[LAU] Beatrix in the house

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:34:26 EST 2009

> Ok, the main problem is that is isn't GPL, I agree for 100%. But why is
> there a beatrix website if he doesn't want anyone to use it? And why
> offer an app which is not very useful atm? Isn't he 1) more concerned
> about not using the code in other software or having different versions
> of bea around the internet? Does he really care about 2) these little
> fixes which makes it able to use the same app with jack? To me it sounds
> like he is more concerned about the first...

I talked to him several years ago, my impression was that his main
concern was to keep control of the code base.
Since his last update was a very long time ago his approach clearly
isn't working. Beatrix must be considered dead at this time.
If he cares about patches is definitely in the gray area and best
would be to ask him.

/Robert