[LAU] Bpm detection/quantize

Ross rosscoad at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Feb 15 17:27:47 EST 2009

Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> I commented on the example given in the original
> post. Everybody can put beats on the Rheingold
> ouverture, it's as easy as spraying some bright
> yellow paint on a copy of a Rubens picture, and
> the result is similar.
>
> Apart from the idea 'this is possible' either
> act takes nothing that could be called creative,
> you don't need to be a musician or a painter to
> do it. Anyone doing this and pretending to be
> an artist is just fooling his audience.
I am not familiar with either Rheingold Ouverture or Rubens' art and am
no expert on music, but if he is able to "fool his audience" with this
then I would say that makes him an artist although maybe not to your (or
my) tastes. I have heard "fools his audience" used to describe many more
alternative musicians and their followers, AMM springs to mind.

Cheers,
Ross.