[LAU] Decent but not necessarily pro quality USB audio for laptop?

Tapani Sysimetsä tapani.sysimetsa at rokki.net
Sun Jan 4 06:48:56 EST 2009

Hi David,

If you have a PCMCIA slot, and only need to use the soundcard with your
laptop, I'd recommend Echo Indigo IO. I bought mine second hand for
about 100 e, and have not regretted. Has worked flawlessly with all
Debian based distros I have tried so far, latency around/less than
10msec with Jack. (Not to say USB-devices wouldn't work just as fine
with Linux nowadays, I just don't have experience about them.)

Tapani