[LAU] [ANN] jack_capture V0.9.32

Peder Hedlund peder at musikhuset.org
Thu Jan 29 05:17:14 EST 2009

Quoting hermann meyer <brummer- at web.de>:

> Am Donnerstag, den 29.01.2009, 08:52 +0100 schrieb Peder Hedlund:
>> Quoting hermann meyer <brummer- at web.de>:
>>
>> > Oh it's simple, just let it look like that:
>> >
>> > INSTALLPATH=$(DESTDIR)/usr/local/bin/
>>
>> NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.......
>>
>> It has to be "INSTALLPATH=$(DESTDIR)/bin" and nothing else, this is
>
> That sound's good, can you give a code example please, how to check in a
> Makefile if $(DESTDIR) is set ?

Nope, sorry. I have no direct knowledge of the magic of Makefiles.

Hmmm, looking at the acctual jack_capure files I see there's no
configure at all, just a Makefile with an INSTALLPATH defined.

I guess you want to compile it to think it's being installed in, say,
/usr/bin (defining 'INSTALLPATH=/usr/bin') but then actually
installing it to /tmp/packages/j_c (with a 'make install
prefix=/tmp/packages/j_c') to be able to package it.

I don't know if that is feasable in just a makefile. Using autotools
(giving you the standard './configure; make ; make install' combo) it
certainly is, but I have no direct knowledge about that either.

- Peder