[LAU] another eeepc success story

Dan S danstowell+lxau at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:43:26 EDT 2009

Cool. I have an Eee 701 on which I installed "Ubuntu Eee" (an
unofficial buntu), and then I recompiled the "array kernel" (kernel
tweaked for the eee, "2.6.27-8.17eeepc1" I think,
<http://array.org/ubuntu/>) with the realtime patches added. I didn't
overclock - I have had no problems with SD cards.

That aside, I had a very similar experience to you: solid low-latency
audio I/O as long as I deactivate networking (I habitually just turn
off wifi from the eee-control applet). I do realtime
analysis/processing/synthesis using supercollider.

I also have an Eee using the stock Xandros which doesn't have an rt
kernel but (as long as you sudo) is surprisingly solid for realtime
audio.

Dan

http://www.mcld.co.uk