[LAU] Qtractor 0.4.3 (fussy doula) - Segmentation fault when loading old or starting or saving new project

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Oct 6 18:19:51 EDT 2009

Peter Geirnaert wrote:
> Hi Rui
>
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>       Qtractor 0.4.3 (fussy doula) released!
>

> I can't explain more than what's in the title, when loading the latest
> Qtractor-0.4.3 from the terminal, I get a segmentation fault when
> When I just start adding tracks, I can save the file but then when I
> restart Qtractor, the file is not in the "Open recent" list and I can't
> open it.
>
> But, when I start qtractor (in a dir containing a touched testfile.txt) like
> qtractor --cache-file=testfile.txt , I get an error that qtractor can't
> be opened with the --cache-file=testfile.txt project.
> But then I can open an old file, edit, export and save it.
> I can even share it <http://soundcloud.com/freqrush/drumbeat-mixdown1-5> :-)
>
> When I start qtractor again, no --chache-file=.. appended, I can't open
> the saved file, only with the --cache-file appended to the command.
>
> Weird behaviour because that --cache-file=testfile.txt option should
> have been given with the ./configure command when I built
> Qtractor-0.4.3. I simply ran ./configure, make, gksu "make install" . It
> all looked fine.

this is the weirdest problem i have ever heard :)

the part about recent files not showing is evidence that qtractor is
silently segfaulting on exit, before runtime settings get saved to
configuration file. so it seems you have a severely broken qtractor build.

i'll beg you do rebuild from scratch, with debug in mind:
  ./configure --enable-debug && make
no need to install, just run from there
  ./qtractor
and try getting segfault stack-traces for post-mortem investigation.

> Any more info I should give?

your config.log might be a good start. maybe i'm missing something obvious.

but a bunch of stack-traces of each situation, when loading an old
session, requesting a new, etc. might give some clues.

seeya
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org