[LAU] Need help salvaging a recording

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Tue Apr 20 11:10:54 UTC 2010

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> As for salvaging this file, give me a day or two and I'll write a
> utility to drag your data out of the file.

New program called sndfile-salvage here:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/sndfile-salvage.c

which can be compiled using:

    gcc -Wall `pkg-config --cflags --libs sndfile` sndfile-salvage.c -o sndfile-salvage

If you're on 32 a 32 bit system you should add:

    -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1

just after gcc in the command line above.

The program is run as:

    sndfile-salvage very-large.wav very-large.w64

and very-large.wav will remain untouched.

This program hasn't had a lot of testing but should work for your
case. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Erik