[LAU] Multimedia production on Debian (was Re: No joy with AVlinux)

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Fri Dec 3 10:28:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:47:23 +0100
"rosea.grammostola" <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/02/2010 09:13 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> >> Please post it Folderol, it could be really nice when Squeeze goes to
> >> stable !
> >
> > By the way, they seems to be busy with a Multimedia blend for Debian.
> > They can use some help and support afaik. You're welcome.
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/BitsFrom
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
> >

> On 12/02/2010 09:49 PM, Folderol wrote:
> > automake
> > 	build-essential
> > 	cmake
> > 	cmake-curses
> > 	dssi-dev
> > 	fluid
> > 	git-all
> > 	libasound2-dev
> > 	libfftw3-dev
> > 	libjack-dev
> > 	liblircclient-dev
> > 	liblo-dev
> > 	liblrdf0-dev
> > 	libmxml-dev
> > 	libqt4-dev
> > 	libsamplerate0-dev
> > 	libsndfile1-dev
> > 	libxml++2.6-dev
> > 	subversion
> > 	xutils-dev
> > 	zlib1g-dev
> >
> Hmm this is an interesting list... With these packages you can build
> all/ most of the proaudio  packages?
>
> Regards,
>

> \r

I think it certainly covers most stuff - it also covers most non-audio
programs. I've used this list for fetching and compiling all of the following
(at various times) when I've wanted to try newer versions:

Audacity
Audacious
Hydrogen
Lame
Rosegarden
Yoshimi -> now also needs libboost.dev
ZynAddSubFX

@allcoms

You make some very good points, however don't forget this is just the crib
sheet for producing my preferred setup.

I've tried Thunar but just don't like it. Also ROX is closest to my Risc Os
roots :)

I'd forgotten to include alsactl store - certainly used it!

Didn't know about apt-get build-dep ardour. I'm all for reducing lists of
install libraries!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk