[LAU] Ardour3

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Dec 21 19:29:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:

>> the alternative is for us to do development in secret and i don't
>> think that this really serves anyone very well.
>
> This is exactly the problem, and it is very fundamental.
>
> Developers can't control the user experience of an open source software package. Full stop. It is not possible. The users, and the distributions, have a lot more say in it.

I'm not talking about user experience of a released program. There's
no question that its not possible to control this.

I'm talking about the user experience of a not-yet alpha-released
program. There's probably no question that its possible to control
this either, but the fact that its possible for the concept to even
exist is a function of the fact that we've developed ardour3 "in the
open" rather than keeping it hidden until we think its ready for
public evaluation.