[LAU] [Music] Another, very short, prog instrumental

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Wed Mar 17 17:03:06 EDT 2010

Hi Harry

Thanks for listening and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It's nice to know the mix is clean. It's sad though that even
non-mainstream genres such as prog have fallen victim to the loudness
war -- I don't know who such bands, on what radio stations, they think
they are going to be competing with the ultrasquashed, more commercial
bands.

I like to get my own pieces somewhere in the vague region of
professional CDs, but I'm not going to push the level too far; I like my
distortion in small doses, not on everything all the time. If I need it
louder I have a knob for that only two inches from my mouse!

It sounds like I might be getting there with the brass -- I don't feel
it does want to bring attention to itself, more be one of those things
that you would notice by its absence. But to achieve that, first it
needs to be audible! So I'm obviously moving in the right direction. I
really must put it down for a couple of weeks and come back with fresher
ears.

Thanks again for listening.